Disclaimer, Copyright and Reprinting Information
MAAPS is providing information and services on the Internet as a benefit and service in furtherance of MAAPS' nonprofit and tax-exempt status. MAAPS does not actively monitor or exert editorial control over materials that are posted by third parties onto this site, including the Directory, or materials that are e-mailed by third parties to any other persons. MAAPS is not responsible for any opinions, information, or materials posted by any third party. MAAPS specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that result from postings by third parties. In no event shall MAAPS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from or arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. MAAPS further disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by MAAPS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchant-ability and fitness.
MAAPS reserves the right to remove any materials that are posted by third parties onto this site or materials that are e-mailed by third parties that MAAPS considers to be objectionable. Although the MAAPS website includes links providing direct access to other Internet sites, MAAPS has not participated in the development of those other sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over those other sites.
Copyright and Reprinting Information
The Massachusetts Association of 766 Approved Private Schools (MAAPS) is glad to grant permission to use or reprint copyrighted materials when it has the authors' licenses to do so. In some cases, a fee may be charged.
However, before you use any or any part of these materials, you must obtain the necessary permissions.
The procedure for requesting permission to use or reprint materials is not cumbersome (see below), and MAAPS staff makes every effort to respond in a manner that is timely and accommodating of special circumstances. Still, to plan ahead and avoid last-minute emergencies that it might not be possible to accommodate, allow approximately 10 working days for processing the request.
HOW TO SEND YOUR REQUEST
Send your request by mail or e-mail, to:
92 Montvale Avenue
Suite 4150, Box 18
Stoneham, MA 02180
INFORMATION REQUIRED TO PROCESS MAAPS PUBLICATION REPRINT/REPRODUCTION REQUESTS
About MAAPS' print/audio-visual/electronic publication:
- Title of material you want to use.
- Name of author of material.
- The source publication of product from which it came
- The number of pages or segments to be used (the actual page numbers are also helpful).
If you wish to reproduce materials from the MAAPS web site, provide the entire URL address that appears as you are viewing the document in question.
About your use of the MAAPS material:
- Title of your publication, program, or product.
- Name of publisher or sponsor.
- The type of publication in which the MAAPS material will appear, e.g., book, periodical, handout, diskette, electronic program (software), List Serve posting, newsgroup posting, ftp site, Web site, corporate intranet.
- Estimated number of copies to be printed or produced. (If intranet, number of users.)
- Whether the copies will be sold or free and if sold, give the price (if copies are free to attendees of a program, give the cost of the program).
- The date(s) the material will be distributed.
Please note that due to the high volume of requests received daily, responses take approximately 10 working days from the receipt of the request. Failure to provide needed information may cause a significant delay.