By joining and using maaps social networking groups, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these groups. You further agree that you have read and understand the disclaimers set forth [above]. Generally speaking, violating antitrust regulations, libeling others, infringing copyrights, selling, and marketing are not permissible. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have any questions, contact maaps at firstname.lastname@example.org. maaps does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to maaps’ attention, maaps will take all appropriate action. maaps reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
The specific rules and guidelines are as follows:
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. More specifically, maaps members must refrain from on-line discussions about prices, charges, fees, discounts, tuition levels; other forms of payment for educational services; salaries, profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares or allocation of markets or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of suppliers. Likewise, members must avoid any discussions regarding joint or collective responses, other than litigation or legislative efforts, to contract terms offered by government entities or suppliers. Such discussions may violate state and/or federal antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Discussions should be civil and courteous.
- Do not post commercial messages. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
- maaps and other e-mail participants have the right to reproduce postings to this listserve.