League School of Greater Boston
League School of Greater Boston, named “Best Special Needs High School” for 2019 by Boston Parents Paper, is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking a TEACHER ASSISTANT to start immediately at our program in Walpole. Pay starts at $18.51/hour, with additional compensation for Master’s degree in a related field and/or valid Severe or Moderate Disabilities teaching license. Schedule: M-F 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
*Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Autism experience preferred.
*Para-professional, Teacher’s Aide, or other special education experience preferred.
*Safety Care, CPR, and First Aid certifications (League School will provide training).
*Valid driver’s license.
Supervision Received: Head Teacher
Supervision Exercised: none
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Implements lessons and tasks, according to Individual Education Programs, within the classroom/school and community settings.
2. Supervises students at community-based job sites and provides job-coaching services for students according to individual program needs.
3. Acts as liaison for communication between community-based employers and the League School of Greater Boston’s Vocational Coordinator according to individual program needs.
4. Participates in the development of curriculum content, behavior intervention strategies and daily living-skill techniques for individual students and follows through on the strategies developed by the team.
5. Collects and records data regarding student performance in instructional and behavioral areas.
6. Develops a therapeutic and effective relationship with students: uses appropriate voice modulation, sets reasonable boundaries with communication and actions, etc.
7. Follows schedules within the classroom and the school to provide structure and limit stimuli for the students.
8. Implements student behavior programs: positive reinforcement breaks, time outs, etc., as designed by the Behavior Department and the team.
9. Completes daily paperwork, as needed, to include: notes to parents, Incident Reports, Accident Reports, etc.
10. Monitors health and safety of students and follows through with the School Nurse on incidents requiring medical attention.
11. Works as a team player. Attends supervision, classroom meetings, program meetings and staff meetings. Comes prepared with agenda and ready to discuss issues and solutions.
12. Participates in all trainings, as required by League School of Greater Boston.
13. Performs other related duties, as assigned by the Program Coordinator, Assistant Principal or Principal, that are deemed necessary for the operation of the school, such as evening trainings, Open House, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word: Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Internet Explorer; and Microsoft Office.
The League School offers a substantial benefit package that includes 75% employer paid health and dental, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, tuition assistance of up to $2000 per school year, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, professional development opportunities, as well as paid Sick and Personal days in addition to school vacation weeks off. In addition, League assists individuals who are engaged in the licensure process to obtain their MA license not only through tuition assistance but also through mentoring and the DESE Structured Guidance and Supports process. The League School also will work with staff to access available Public Service Loan Forgiveness options as well as other loan forgiveness options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
No phone calls please.
You may also link to our current job opportunities by accessing our website www.leagueschool.org and clicking on Careers.