League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking a RESIDENCE MANAGER for our residential program in Walpole to start immediately.
*Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or relevant experience (3 – 5 years managing a residential program for children with special needs)
*Experience supervising staff required.
*Safety Care, CPR and First Aid certifications (will provide training)
*Valid driver’s license.
Supervision Received: Coordinator of Residential Services
Supervision Exercised: Assistant Managers and Child Care Counselors
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Develops staff schedule in conjunction with the Principal and the Coordinator of Residential Services to ensure coverage at the residence on a 24/7 basis.
• Provides supervision of all child care counselors and conducts weekly supervision with each individual child care counselor.
• Completes all paperwork or ensures that child care counselors have completed appropriate paperwork which includes but is not limited to: Incident Reports, Accident Reports, Shift Logs, Staff work schedules, Daily Activity Schedules, IEPs, QPRs, and Staff Performance Evaluations.
• Develops and implements goals of the IEP within the residence setting and attends all IEP meetings for students assigned to the residence.
• Collects and records data as required regarding student performance in instructional and behavioral domains.
• Serves as the primary contact for all parents/guardians and maintains contact with families on a scheduled basis.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with DEEC regulations.
• Trains all new child care counselors on house operations and rules; ensures that appropriate school staff are notified when new staff are hired so that trainings may be scheduled; and ensures that new staff attend required trainings.
• Checks Monthly Medication Sheets at the start and end of each shift to ensure that all medications have been accurately distributed, and reports any errors to the School Nurse.
• Responsible for ensuring that all special diets and / or treatments are implemented accurately as directed by the School Nurse.
• Monitors health and safety of all students, completes accident reports and calls the School Nurse for instructions.
• Performs other related duties as directed by League School of Greater Boston Administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word: Microsoft Excel: Google mail; and the Microsoft Office suite.
The League School offers a substantial benefit package that includes health, dental, STD, LTD, and Life insurance, tuition assistance, 403(b) retirement plan, professional development opportunities, as well as paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
No phone calls please.