League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston, named “Best Special Needs High School” for 2019 by Boston Parents Paper, is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking a Part-time READING TEACHER (20 hours) to start immediately in our Walpole School.
* Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Special Education/Education with current MA license in Moderate Special Needs 5-12 preferred;
* Experience with Autism Spectrum Disorder preferred;
* Certification with specialized reading programs such as Project READ or Wilson;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Hold or is willing to obtain Safety Care, CPR and First Aid certifications (League School will provide training).
* Valid driver’s license.
Supervision Received: Program Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Provide individual and small group reading instruction for students with autism at all grade levels in the school based on MA Curriculum Standards;
* Assessment/evaluation of reading problems using formal and informal tools;
* Proficient in data collection techniques and reporting;
* Experience as an IEP Team member (developing IEP contents, measurable goals, etc.);
* Employ a variety of teaching techniques to ensure student engagement and mastery;
* Combine a concern for effective relationships with students with strong interests in the subject;
* Work as a member of program teams that include academic and clinical staff;
* Communicate effectively with parents, Head Teachers, Program Coordinators, and clinical/behavioural staff regarding individual student progress/issues;
* Support the development of phonemic awareness and phonics: principles, knowledge, and instructional practices;
* Accept supervision and guidance from Program Coordinator and Principal;
* Such other responsibilities that may from time to time be assigned by the Principal and/or Program Coordinators.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word: Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Internet Explorer; and Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
You may also link to our current job opportunities by accessing our website www.leagueschool.com and clicking Careers