League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston, named “Best Special Needs High School” for 2019 by Boston Parents Paper, is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking a part-time MAINTENANCE WORKER for our campus in Walpole, to start immediately. Campus includes one school building, two residential buildings, landscaped grounds and parking lots. Schedule will be Monday – Friday, beginning at 7 a.m., between 20 – 30 hours per week. Hourly rate is $16.32 per hour.
*2 to 4 years of experience in building/grounds maintenance and general repairs.
*Valid Driver’s License
Supervision Received: Facilities Manager
Supervision Exercised: none
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Maintains offices, restrooms and floors on a supplementary basis, including emptying trash, vacuuming, washing and sweeping floors.
2. Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk as needed.
3. Supplements lawn care duties, such as mowing, trimming shrubbery and cultivating flower beds.
4. Completes minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, carpentry and other related maintenance activities; may involve using hand tools.
5. Notifies management concerning the need for major repairs.
6. Reports and repairs emergency maintenance problems or environmental hazards immediately.
7. Maintains tools and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
8. Complies with company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned for school building and residences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The League School offers a substantial benefit package for full-time employees that includes health, dental, Short-term Disability Long-term Disability, and Life insurance, tuition assistance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, professional development opportunities, as well as paid vacation, holiday, sick and personal days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
You may also walk-in to fill out an application, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
No phone calls please.
You may also link to our current job opportunities by accessing our website www.leagueschool.com.