League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking Part-Time Nurse (LPN) for our program in Walpole, to start immediately. Hours are Tues and Wed 4:30 am – 8:30 pm Sunday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
• Associate’s Degree or LPN Diploma from an accredited school.
• Current Massachusetts registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in good standing with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Experience working with Children and/or people with disabilities
• Minimum of two years nursing experience, which must include general nursing and medication administration.
Certificates and Licenses:
• LPN with current MA certification and work experience with Autistic or Special Needs Population
• First aid
• Safety Care
• Valid Drivers License
Supervision Received: Coordinator of Clinical and Family Services/School Nurses
Supervision Exercised: none
Duties and Responsibilities may include the following:
The Relief Nurse is primarily responsible for medication administration and general nursing for the residential programs. May also work during the day in the school nursing office. Evening and weekend work is required.
1. Upon start of shift will get report from nurse on duty. If no nurse on duty will get report from the manager on duty from both ELCs.
2. Administer medications and treatments.
3. Complete daily nursing notes, data tracking and other required forms as needed.
4. Follow medical protocols and treatment plans.
5. Communicate health changes in a timely manner.
6. Document any unexplained bruise, injury or illness.
7. Provide oversight of meals, ensuring dietary restrictions are being followed.
8. Provide education to staff as needed, (student allergies, student EpiPen and seizure protocols.)
9. Provide education to both staff and students served in areas of diet, hygiene, health and safety.
10. Provide body checks on students after accidents, incidents, and/or restraints.
11. Ensure medical supplies, PRN medications are stocked at both ELCs.
12. Assist with ensuring medication records are up to date, completed accurately.
13. Helps obtain current doctor’s orders and other required documentation.
14. Ensure safety standards, infection control standards and privacy standards are followed.
15. Provide ADL care, transportation and help on community outings as needed.
16. Perform other related tasks as needed or assigned by supervisor or designee.
17. Attend mandatory trainings and meetings as needed.
18. Assists with the state mandated programs (annual physicals, immunizations, scoliosis, vision, hearing, etc.) and surveillance and screening programs.
19. Ensures that parents/guardians are informed of health needs of students.
20. Communicates with outside agencies and physicians, as necessary.
21. Assists in the planning and implementation of documentation procedures (e.g., medication administration, physicians’ orders, skin checks, health and safety reports, food intake charts, weights and heights, etc.)
22. Participates in in-service training, as required by agency policy.
23. Participates in ongoing professional development as needed to maintain MA license as an LPN.
24. Performs other reasonably related duties, as assigned by the Coordinator of Clinical and Family Services or a School Nurse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office. SNAP Nursing Software a plus.
The League School offers a generous part-time benefit package that includes a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, as well as paid time off per MA Sick Leave law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
No phone calls please.