League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking an Overnight Residential Supervisor for our residential program in Walpole to start immediately. Pay rate is $19.00/hour, Schedule is Sun – Wed, 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
• Two to four years supervisory experience in a residential setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience supervising a residential program.
• CPR, First Aid, Safety Care (will provide training)
• Valid Driver’s License
Supervision Received: Coordinator of Residential Services
Supervision Exercised: Child Care Counselors
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Makes regular rounds through each floor of each house at least four times during the overnight shift to ensure overnight staff are completing bed checks, calling in to the overnight phone line, completing tasks on the overnight checklist, and remaining awake and alert. Documents these rounds on the Overnight Supervision Log.
2. Reviews live cameras for each floor of each house at least four times during the overnight shift to overnight staff are completing bed checks, calling in to the overnight phone line, completing tasks on the overnight checklist, and remaining awake and alert and documents these camera reviews.
3. Incorporates self into ratio to provide each Overnight Staff Person one 30 minute break per shift.
4. Receives all “call out-sick” telephone calls from overnight staff during overnight hours, and arranges and ensures proper staff coverage at the residences, including school vacation days, snow days, holidays, and sick student days.
5. Incorporates themselves as part of the ratio, when necessary.
6. Participates in the training of overnight residential staff as assigned.
7. Provides supervision of all Overnight Child Care Counselors and conducts monthly supervision with each and documents all staff supervision meetings.
8. Completes all necessary paperwork and/or ensures that staff members have completed appropriate paperwork including but is not limited to: Overnight Shift Reports, Incident Reports, Accident Reports, Restraint Reports, Shift Logs, and Staff Evaluations.
9. Supervises school staff in the residences during weekday morning hours.
10. Works as a team player by attending and participating in all required meetings and comes prepared with an agenda to discuss issues and solutions.
11. Communicates with all members of the League School of Greater Boston team as appropriate.
12. Works a minimum of four overnight shifts per week.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, the C.O.O., and the Coordinator of Residential Services.
1. Oversees the implementation of goals from the IEP within the residence setting that are applicable to overnight shifts.
2. Oversees the appropriate implementation of behavior support plans as developed by the Behavior Department during overnight hours.
3. Oversees the collection and recording of data (as required) regarding student performance in instructional and behavioral domains during the overnight shifts.
4. Develops a therapeutic and effective relationship with students, and uses appropriate voice modulation and sets reasonable boundaries with communications and actions.
1. Meets weekly with the Coordinator of Residential Services with an agenda including but not limited to: staff, student, and parent items; and behavioral issues, upcoming IEPs and QPRs.
2. Monitors and ensures compliance with DEEC/DESE regulations during the overnight shift.
3. Trains all new Overnight Child Care Counselors on house operations and rules; and ensures that new staff attend all required trainings.
4. Participates in all trainings as required by the League School of Greater Boston.
1. Responsible for management and documentation of fire drills and emergency evacuations that occur on the overnight shift.
Health / Medical:
1. Administers all medications to students following the Med On-Time system in coordination with nursing staff (RN or LPN) assigned to administer medication.
2. Coordinates all medications at residences for overnight shift.
3. Checks Monthly Medication Sheets at the start and end of each overnight shift to ensure that all medications have been accurately distributed, and reports any errors to the School Nurse.
4. Responsible for ensuring that all special diets and / or treatments are implemented accurately on the overnight shift as directed by the School Nurse.
5. Monitors health and safety of all students, completes accident reports, and calls the School Nurse for instructions when necessary.
6. Performs other related duties as directed by League School of Greater Boston Administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word: Microsoft Excel: Google mail; and the Microsoft Office suite.
The League School offers a substantial benefit package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance, tuition assistance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, professional development opportunities, free gym membership, as well as paid time off (Sick, Personal and Vacation time).
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to email@example.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
No phone calls please.
You may also link to our current job opportunities by accessing our website www.leagueschool.com and clicking on About – League at a Glance – Careers