League School of Greater Boston
JOB COACH – Part-Time 30 Hours/Week
Benefits are available for this position
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking a Part-Time JOB COACH to start immediately. Pay starts at $17.34/hour; core schedule is M-F 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m, with the option to work evening and weekend shifts.
*Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Autism/vocational aide experience preferred.
*CPR, Safety Care and First Aid certifications (League School will provide training).
*Valid driver’s license.
Supervision Received: Coordinator of Vocational and Career Services
Supervision Exercised: none
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Implements lessons and tasks, according to Individual Education Programs, within the classroom/school and community settings.
2. Transports and supervises students at community-based job sites and provides job-coaching services for students according to individual program needs.
3. Acts as liaison for communication between community-based employers and the League School of Greater Boston’s Coordinator of Vocational and Career Services.
4. Participates in behavior intervention strategies and daily living-skill techniques for individual students and follows through on the strategies developed by the team.
5. Collects and records data regarding student performance in instructional and behavioral areas.
6. Develops a therapeutic and effective relationship with students: uses appropriate voice modulation, sets reasonable boundaries with communication and actions, etc.
7. Follows schedules within the classroom and the school to provide structure and limit stimuli for the students.
8. Implements student behavior programs: positive reinforcement, breaks, time outs, etc., as designed by the Behavior Department and the team.
9. Completes daily paperwork, as needed, to include: Incident Reports, Accident Reports, etc.
10. Monitors health and safety of students and follows through with the School Nurse on incidents requiring medical attention.
11. Works as a team player. Attends supervision and staff meetings. Comes prepared with agenda and ready to discuss issues and solutions.
12. Participates in all trainings, as required by League School of Greater Boston.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word: Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Internet Explorer; and Microsoft Office.
This position is eligible for a substantial benefit package that includes paid vacation, holiday, sick and personal time; Health & Dental insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; and 403(b) retirement plan with match.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
You may also link to our current job opportunities by accessing our website www.leagueschool.org and clicking on Careers
No phone calls please.