League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking a HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER to start immediately at our Walpole campus.
This senior administrative position reports directly to the Executive Director and provides all Human Resources functions for the school.
Position Requirements and Duties:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field and 1-2 years of Human Resources management and supervisory experience and/or training. Experience in an educational and/or non-profit setting preferred.
• Assists the Executive Director, Principal, Coordinator of Residential Services, C.O.O., C.F.O. and administrative team regarding employee relations issues, recruitment, compensation, development and implementation of human resources systems, policies and procedures, communications, and best practices.
• Provides services to employees regarding their benefits by orienting new hires, answering benefit questions, and resolving employee benefit issues.
• Processes all pertinent information for all benefit plans in accordance with state and federal regulations. Reconciles all benefit invoices against current enrollment and eligibility.
• Investigates accidents and prepares workers’ compensation reports for insurance carrier; follows up on any lost-work claims; completes OSHA logs.
• Maintains personnel database (HRIS system, currently ADP Workforce Now) and all personnel files.
• Records and reviews all pre-employment reference checks, and submits and reviews all CORI/SORI/DCF background checks as a discretionary reviewer in conjunction with the Executive Director. Coordinates fingerprint checks as required by DESE and DEEC.
• Oversees the verification of employment for all current and former staff.
• Works in conjunction with payroll staff regarding on-boarding, insurance premiums, FSA deductions, vacation/absentee time, and any other changes for biweekly payroll.
• Maintains attendance and personal accrual time records for all employees in conjunction with accounting.
• Maintains compliance with the Family & Medical Leave Act through communication and review of all situations where FMLA may apply; approves FMLA leaves of absence.
• Develops and places advertisements for all jobs available for recruitment. Determines suitable venues for job postings.
• Oversees the review of resumes, sending of acknowledgement emails, and tracking job applicants, interviewees, and final candidates.
• Supports the administration team with resolution to employee issues.
• Reviews employee handbook, and policies and procedures, to proactively achieve continuous improvement and compliance with government and state regulations pertinent to human resources issues.
• Keeps abreast of employment law and federal and state regulations that may impact the school.
• Maintains communication with all school attorneys and confers with them regarding all pertinent employment issues.
• Develops and maintains vendor relations in the human resources area.
• Writes and maintains job descriptions with input from senior staff.
• Prepares separation notices and related documents, manages COBRA, and conducts exit interviews with regard to unemployment compensation, COBRA benefits and references.
• Oversees the publication of daily newsletter for all staff (Pipeline).
• Attends, participates in, and keeps minutes for, all Board of Directors meetings.
• Oversees and directly supervises all front office and H.R. staff.
• Attends, participates in, and works with supervisors during difficult staff evaluations.
• Participates in weekly Master Roster meetings.
• Chairs the Safety Committee.
Supervision Received: Executive Director
Supervision Exercised: Human Resources and Front Office Administrative Assistants (4)
Salary commensurate with experience/education.
The League School offers a substantial benefit package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance; tuition assistance; 403(b) retirement plan with match; professional development opportunities; as well as Vacation, Personal and Sick days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
A link to all current job openings is also available on our website www.leagueschool.org ; click About Us; Careers at League.
No phone calls please.