League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking DIRECT CARE/CHILD CARE COUNSELORS for our residential programs in Walpole to start immediately. Full-time staff earn $17.00/hour; part-time staff earn $15.00/hour. Relief staff earn $14.90/hour. Shifts currently available are: weekday afternoon, evenings, overnights (11:00 p.m. – 9:00 a.m.), Saturdays and Sundays all shifts.
* Must have HS diploma and preferably a Bachelor’s degree; or be in an undergraduate course of study, preferably special education, education, psychology, human services or social work.
*Safety Care, CPR and First Aid certifications (training will be provided if you do not have these currently)
*Prior experience caring for children in a residential setting required; autism experience preferred.
*Must pass rigorous background checks, including nationwide fingerprint screening.
*Valid driver’s license.
Supervision Received: Residence Manager/Assistant Manager
Supervision Exercised: none
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1) Assist students in all areas including life skills, community trips, personal health care, social and recreational activities.
2) Support the students by helping to prepare healthy meals and keeping the properties safe and clean.
3) Must have good organization skills and be a creative problem solver.
4) Must be able to document all incidents and communicate effectively with clients, families, co-workers and supervisors.
5) All shifts require that staff be awake and alert at all times.
6) New hires must be available for regularly scheduled weekend work.
7) Work collaboratively with all school staff members to coordinate support for students.
8) Transport students in League School vans, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word: Microsoft Excel: Google mail.
The League School offers a substantial benefit package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life/AD&D insurance, tuition assistance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, professional development opportunities, as well as sick, personal and vacation time. Benefits differ based on full-time or part-time status.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to email@example.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
A link to all current job openings is also available on our website www.leagueschool.com; click Careers.
No phone calls please.