League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking an ASSISTANT RESIDENCE MANAGER for our residential program in Walpole to start immediately.
*Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or relevant experience (3 – 5 years working in a residential program for children with special needs)
*Experience supervising staff preferred
*Safety Care, CPR and First Aid certifications (will provide training)
*Valid driver’s license.
Supervision Received: Residence Manager
Supervision Exercised: Child Care Counselors
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• In the absence of the Residence Manager, the Assistant Residence Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the residence. If the Residence Manager is working during the same shift, the Assistant Residence Manager performs the duties of a Child Care Worker.
• In the absence of the Residence Manager, the Assistant Residence Manager will have the following responsibilities:
o Make decisions regarding emergencies, student behavior, staff assignments, and activity schedules.
o Ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner (phone logs, behavior charts, etc).
o Ensure that medication administration is completed and documented.
o Ensure that any documents (incident reports, student daily logs, etc) are sent to the school on the next school day.
o Ensure that behavior, medical, or other emergencies are communicated to appropriate personnel (Nurse, Coordinator of Residential Services , Residence Manager).
• To be cognizant of all League School of Greater Boston policies with regard to the care, safety, treatment and health of all League School of Greater Boston students, including fire drill procedures, locations and use of fire-extinguishing equipment and emergency exits, runaway procedures, first aid and seizure procedures, time-out procedures, medication procedures.
• To communicate emergency situations directly with the Residence Manager and/or a Leader, according to the Emergency Procedures Policy.
• To be familiar with all League School of Greater Boston personnel policies, including responsibilities and procedures in regard to vacation, sick, personal and professional time and job termination, as well as disciplinary action.
• Providing social, leisure time, recreational, A.D.L. activities for primary care responsibility in accordance with treatment care plan and Individualized Educational Plan.
• To establish individual relationships and to be able to work with each resident according to his/her treatment care plan, A.D.L. objectives and specific behavior management program.
• To provide and supervise small or large-group activities for other residents, as scheduled.
• To prepare meals for and with residents, participate in mealtime, and to clean up facilities after meals.
• To organize and supervise shower and an appropriate bedtime program, including some “one-to-one” time prior to bedtime for all the residents. The intent is to provide the children with a family-like atmosphere as far as is possible in a residential setting.
• To do the necessary maintenance to assure a clean facility as part of the collective effort of all counselors. Specific areas of responsibility include bedrooms (dressers), kitchen, living areas, and counselors’ office.
• To be accountable for the recording and signing of significant events for each resident in the Daily Shift Report and the communication of relevant information to the Leader, other day/night shift counselors and teachers.
• Supervises the waking up, dressing, grooming and breakfast of the residents prior to their leaving the residence in the a.m. (overnight staff)
• Dispenses medications only if trained by the School Nurse.
• Drives residents to their day programs and assists with the exchange of vehicles.
• Supervises and assists residents in the straightening of rooms when possible before leaving in the a.m. (Overnight Counselor)
• To attend and participate in staff meetings.
• To attend all staff trainings.
• Checks Monthly Medication Sheets at the start and end of each shift to ensure that all medications have been accurately distributed, and reports any errors to the School Nurse.
• Responsible for ensuring that all special diets and / or treatments are implemented accurately as directed by the School Nurse.
• Monitors health and safety of all students, completes accident reports and calls the School Nurse for instructions.
• Performs other related duties as directed by League School of Greater Boston Administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word: Microsoft Excel: Google mail; and the Microsoft Office suite.
The League School offers a substantial benefit package that includes health, dental, STD, LTD, and Life insurance, tuition assistance, 403(b) retirement plan, professional development opportunities, as well as paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
No phone calls please.