Statewide Special Education Conference: An ASE/MAAPS Conference Collaboration
November 2 @ 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
As the new school year progresses, what special education leaders and school teams need to know.
Join us in-person at the lovely Hogan Center at Holy Cross College, Worcester, for a full day of learning and networking!
Breakfast and check in begin at 7:45am, with a program start at 9am. Program ends promptly at 2:00pm.
- Keynote: DESE Commissioner Jeffrey C. Riley
- Jean Lindquist-Grady, Psy.D.- Addressing Problematic Sexual Behavior within a School
- Rita Schiano- Bouncing Back Through Resilience Capacity, Strategies and Techniques for Special Education Leaders and Teams
- Dr. Russell Johnston, DESE Deputy Commissioner and State Director of Special Education: Access, Equity and Inclusion; Ensuring Optimum Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
- Paige Tobin, Esq.: Special Education Legal Insights; What are the Courts Telling Us? Legal trends from the BSEA and First Circuit
- *BONUS* Virtual/Recorded Session (separate date, zoom info to be mailed to all registrants): Unraveling the Potential of Artificial Intelligence in K-12 Special Education
Lunch will be provided!
ASL interpretation will be available during the program, from 9:00-2:00. Please contact Amanda Kane, email@example.com, with accessibility requests.
Cost to MAAPS members: $225