Statewide Special Education Conference: An ASE/MAAPS Conference Collaboration
November 2 @ 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE NOTE, NEW/WALK-IN REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. STAY TUNED ON MAAPS.ORG FOR DETAILS ABOUT OUR NEXT CONFERENCE EVENT!
As the new school year progresses, what special education leaders and school teams need to know.
Join us in-person at the lovely Hogan Center at Holy Cross College, Worcester, for a full day of learning and networking!
Breakfast and check in begin at 7:45am, with a program start at 9am. Program ends promptly at 2:00pm.
- Keynote: DESE Commissioner Jeffrey C. Riley
- Jean Lindquist-Grady, Psy.D.- Addressing Problematic Sexual Behavior within a School
- Rita Schiano- Bouncing Back Through Resilience Capacity, Strategies and Techniques for Special Education Leaders and Teams
- Dr. Russell Johnston, DESE Deputy Commissioner and State Director of Special Education: Access, Equity and Inclusion; Ensuring Optimum Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
- Paige Tobin, Esq.: Special Education Legal Insights; What are the Courts Telling Us? Legal trends from the BSEA and First Circuit
- *BONUS* Virtual/Recorded Session (separate date, zoom info to be mailed to all registrants): Unraveling the Potential of Artificial Intelligence in K-12 Special Education
Lunch will be provided!
ASL interpretation will be available during the program, from 9:00-2:00. Please contact Amanda Kane, email@example.com, with accessibility requests.
Cost to MAAPS members: $225