The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) released the 2017-2018 MCAS Testing Calendar including ACCESS for ELLs, and the submission deadline for the MCAS Alternate Assessment (MCAS-Alt).
Please note the following regarding the testing calendar:
- Grade 10 ELA testing will begin slightly later than in spring 2017 to account for school cancellations due to snow.
- Grade 10 Mathematics testing will also begin later in 2018 to avoid testing during the first few days of Ramadan.
- Grades 4, 5, 7, and 8 tests in ELA, Mathematics, and STE are expected to be administered online.
- Schools may choose to administer either computer-based tests or paper-based tests for grades 3 and 6.
- Grades 3-8, ESE will be gathering input from stakeholder groups, surveys, and data from computer-based testing this past spring to help inform whether we should make any adjustments to the schedule.
- Schools that previously scheduled activities and now find a conflict with a specific high school testing date should contact the Office of Student Assessment Services email@example.com or 781-338-3625.
For questions or more info please contact: Theresa Melito-Conners, M.Ed., 781-909-5308 / 781-640-1776 cell or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.