League School of Greater Boston
The League School of Greater Boston is a year-round program dedicated to the education of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Our team approach to education creates a collaborative, supportive and open environment within our community. We are currently seeking a HEAD TEACHER to start as early as July 10, 2017.
*Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education (Master’s degree preferred) with current MA certification in Moderate 5-12 Special Needs. Autism experience required.
*Proof of MA DESE licensure required.
*CPR, CPI and First Aid certifications.
*Valid driver’s license.
Supervision Received: Program Coordinator
Supervision Exercised: Teacher(s), Job Coach, Student Teacher(s)
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Collaborates with team to develop Individual Education Programs within the classroom/school and community settings. Utilizes internet-based ESPED program in conjunction with team to write IEPs.
2. Collaborates in the development of behavioral intervention plans, sensory diets, social pragmatic programming, and daily living-skill techniques for individual students as part of multidisciplinary team.
3. Collects and records data regarding student performance in all skill areas as directed by team, Program Coordinator, and/or Coordinator of Clinical Services. Analyzes data to measure student progress throughout the year.
4. Consistently implements, or monitors implementation, of all components of treatment programs, including all accommodations and services outlined in students’ IEPs and BIPs.
5. Develops a therapeutic and effective relationship with students: uses appropriate voice modulation, sets reasonable boundaries with communication and actions, etc.
6. Implements individual and group behavior programs: positive reinforcement, breaks, time outs, etc., as designed by Behavior Specialists and the team.
7. Provides curriculum content based on the Massachusetts Frameworks to implement each student’s goals and objectives, as written in his/her Individual Education Program. Records curriculum implemented on Curriculum Mapper program.
8. Attends and facilitates classroom team meetings and classroom conferences.
9. Attends annual IEP reviews, 3-year Re-evaluations, supervision, staff meetings, intake meetings, and other meetings as directed by Program Leader or administrators.
10. Completes formal assessments and necessary data collection to track student progress.
11. Completes written reports: Quarterly Progress Reports, Individual Education Programs, Re-evaluation Reports, and assessment materials deemed necessary by the team and clinical department.
12. Has lesson plans prepared and ready for review that are appropriate for all students in the classroom.
13. Develops and executes a classroom and school schedule that provides structure, consistency, predictability.
14. Completes all necessary MCAS assessment requirements for students in his/her classroom.
15. Performs other related duties, as designated by the Assistant Principal/Principal that are deemed necessary for the operation of the school.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word: Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Internet Explorer; and Microsoft Office.
The League School offers a substantial benefit package that includes health, dental, STD, LTD, and Life insurance, tuition assistance, 403(b) retirement plan, professional development opportunities, as well as paid time off in addition to school vacation weeks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The League School of Greater Boston is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by federal and state laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who challenge such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and other supporting documentation such as transcripts, curriculum vitae, letter(s) of reference, etc. to HR@leagueschool.com or by mail to:
League School of Greater Boston
Attn: Human Resources
300 Boston Providence Turnpike
Walpole, MA 02032
No phone calls please.